56 Training Places leading to 32 Jobs in the Lift Industry
Next Intake = Monday 4th July 2016 to Friday 22nd July 2016
Exclusively for Bexleyheath/Woolwich and Eltham Job Centres, please note that this course can only run by referrals given to us from BH JCP.
A six week intense mini lift engineer training programme leading to work as an apprentice lift engineer or work as a lift engineers assistant (lift mate).
Stage One: RECRUITMENT & SELECTION - (One day)
- Introducing SLC & partners
- Presentations on the job role of a Lift Engineer
- Working in the lift industry, qualifications, employment
On satisfactory completion of stage one, you'll be tested and places will be offered to candidates who pass our interviews.
Stage Two: THEORY TRAINING - (Three weeks)
- Classroom training including lift component identification, lift tool box talks, lift training write ups, BS7255 'Safe Working on Lifts' and even building a mini lift control system. Through our main partner Training Centre Direct, we also provide a trip to PEW Electrical Distributors Ltd where you can see 100's of lift parts all under one roof, and also Apex Lifts for a tour of their lift business
On satisfactory completion of stage two, you'll gain an SLC Certificate of Attendance.
Stage Three: PRACTICAL TRAINING - (Three weeks)
- Attend real job interviews leading to employment and quality jobs. Work alongside a qualified lift engineer on either servicing, repairs, installation or testing. Experience the real life work as a lift engineer on either installing lifts on building sites or following a lift engineer around in the company van while they respond to emergency lift breakdowns and call outs.
On satisfactory completion of stage three, you'll gain a lift industry approved certificate of verified achievement titled 'Work Safely in an Engineering Environment' - Basic Lift Safety (EOR/202) or an equivalent NVQ unit of credit.
Stage Four: PAID WORK & CAREER CHOICES - (3-4 years)
- Start work as a full time salary paid trainee lift engineer either following an approved apprenticeship programme with day release back to college or work five days a week as a lift mate assisting other lift engineer repair and install lifts. Following successful apprenticeship placement with a lift company, you will be assigned a lift engineer to work with and be given a permanent contract of employment. All successful students that fall within the catchment area will be signed up with a local college and you will attend a day release programme to gain the required Technical Certificate, Functional Skills and Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR). The NVQ Level 3 in either Lift Service & Repair or Lift Installation will be delivered by Training Centre Direct Ltd.
On satisfactory completion of stage four, you'll gain a lift industry approved Level 3 National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) and/or an Apprenticeship Award in Lift Engineering.
We help and support individuals that fall into any of the groups below;
Low literacy and numeracy
Never had a job
Lack of stability in their lives
The employer wins, the young person wins and the government is happy too. When our trainees get into work, they're off job seekers allowance and are not a burden on the government anymore - the trainees are then contributing taxes to the government.